If you’re as big a fan of Gossip Girl as Brig Fashion is, you will have seen Blake Lively sporting fish tail plaitts all over the shop.
What looks like a complicated hairstyle is actually very simple. Over here we’re a nice bunch, so we’ve given you an easy ‘how to’ guide on creating this stylish plait.
- Separate the hair you want to plait into two sections.
- Take a small portion of hair from the far side of the left section, cross it over the top and join into the right section of hair.
- Repeat this step from right to left.
- Pull the hair tight after every cross over.
- Continue to alternate between crossing over hair from left to right.
- You should start to see the downwards pattern after you have repeated the process six times or so.
- Fasten at the bottom and secure with hairspray.
If you’re finding the process difficult, start by plaiting the hair to the side of your face, so you can see it in the mirror as you go. The plait can be worn high on your head in a pony style, just through the front section of your hair, or if you want to go totally 90s, you could wear several plaits all over your head.